Workplace osteopathy can benefit not only the individual but also the wider workforce and thus the environment they form a part of. Over time the daily stresses and strains that the body is subjected to build up with the body compensating as best it can. In the modern workplace with long hours of repetitive actions this can result in shortening and tightening of muscles, restrictions in the spine and joints leaving the body vulnerable to further and more serious dysfunction.
Facts you as an employer need to know
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD’s), particularly lower back, neck and joint complaints have become one of the major causes of workplace absenteeism in the UK and Europe today with an estimated 11.6 million working days a year lost to workplace related MSD’s.
- MSD’s are the most common reason for repeat consultations with a GP with MSD’s accounting for 1 in 8 sick notes issued.
- The most common MSD’s affecting the people workplace are neck, back and joint problems and these account for the majority of working days lost.
- Lower back pain is reported by 80% of people at some time in their lives.
- Early intervention significantly reduces the chance of Musculoskeletal conditions becoming chronic and leading to long term absenteeism and disability.
Backstop Osteopaths provide effective, reliable and safe treament for MSD’s aiming to relieve pain and resolve condition that may cause your employee’s to be unable to work. Through a clear, honest and practical approach our treatments can be tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
At Backstop Osteopaths we offer:
- Quick Access: Patients can expect to recieve treatment in less that 5 days of contacting us. Early intervention = faster return to the workplace.
- A skilled clinical assessment: Diagnosis and treatment tailored to each patient leading to a higher patient satisfaction, better outcomes and faster recovery.
- Re-assessment at each visit: Allowing the Osteopath to detect poorly responding patients and adjusting treatments as needed, saving time and money on otherwise wasted treatments and referrals.
- Cost effective treatments: We aim to provide full resolution of MSD’s with treatments averaging at 4 to 6 sessions.
Workplace services we provide:
- Osteopathic referral: Your employee can be referred to our clinic for an Osteopathic consultation, examination and treatment.
- Workplace ergonomic assessement: The Osteopath will assess the workplace set up of your employee’s and how they are using their space, giving advice and making adjustments to posture, proper use of equipment and giving support stratergies such as stretching exercises where appropriate.
- Express soft tissue treatment: A 15 minute neck, shoulder and upper back massage to relieve tension and restrictions that can build up from long periods of desk work. This treatment can be delivered at a suitable work station or where appropriate at the workplace itself.
Fee’s and payment options
Treatment in the clinic is charged at the standard rates and can be covered by the individual, corporate or appropriate insurance scheme.
Workplace assessment is charged on an hourly rate of £50.
Express Soft Tissue Treatment is charge at £20 per patient, which can be covered by the individual, company or appropriate insurance scheme.